A vehicle’s needs vary, as each one of them equips with distinctive technology. However, a car needs to be serviced on...
On one normal morning, you rush to your vehicle with those quick steps while battling against the clock. But, eventually, once you turn your car keys, just the sound of a dreaded click appears under the hood.
Of course! You have a dead car battery. You can deal with such a situation as Jump Start is here to get your car back on the road.
However, jump starting is a valuable utility to bail you out of an odd situation. But, it requires some knowledge to implement things properly to get the proper result.
Jump starting is the process of starting a car's engine using an external battery, typically from another vehicle.
It is possible, though, if you have been hearing noises when you turn the key in your car. This is a method to increase the low current in your car's battery to crank up your car’s engine.
Although starting a car with a dead battery is a straightforward process, there are some safety precautions that must always be taken. Also keep in mind that the electrical system needs to be checked if your car's battery runs out frequently.
However, you might try these things to deal with it.
Working Jumper Cables- The word "working" signifies that jumper cables should be rust free and have proper crocodile clips on both ends.
Car with a working battery- Unless your car has special voltage requirements, most vehicles come with a 12.6 V battery. The owner's manuals, however, contain information on the ideal battery voltage. Before choosing a jump start, it would be reasonable to take a look.
If your batteries are different voltages, it could cause charging issues and reduce battery life for you or the other vehicle.
Additional accessories- You need rubber gloves and safety goggles. Moreover, there is a need for rags, paper towels, to clean battery terminals.
Once you assemble all the necessities, these steps take you through the process of jump starting seamlessly.
However, jump start cables possess enough length, but they still have a limit. Make the distance between both cars short enough so that you can easily utilize the jump start cable by connecting them properly.
Make jump start cable connection properly.
You are required to do some things in order to make a proper connection with jump start cables.
1. First, remove the keys from both cars.
2. Open the hood to determine the location of the batteries.
3. Once located, try to identify the terminals of the batteries.
4. A positive sign, engraved over the top of the terminal, identifies the positive terminal.
5. A negative sign, engraved over the top of the terminal, identifies the negative terminal.
6. Now, take the cable and untangle it so that the ends do not come closer to each other.
7. Connect the red clamp on one end of the jumper cables to the top of the positive terminal of the dead car battery. Place the matching black clamp on the negative side.
8. Next, go to the other end of the jump start cable to connect it to the charged battery terminals. Connect the red clamp to the positive and the black one to the negative terminal respectively.
Now, you need to take the necessary step of jump starting. However, this requires you take care certain things.
1. Check that the car's electronics are turned off and that nothing is connected to the 12 V port.
2. After connecting the cables, start the vehicle with the charged battery and let it run for a few minutes.
3. Return to the car with the dead battery and turn the key until the engine starts completely. This may take some time as the dead battery draws energy from the other vehicle.
If the car starts, you have to remove the jump start cable. This also requires you to follow certain steps.
1. Let both the cars in running state while you can start with the car with a dead battery to remove the black clamp cautiously and put it aside on the ground carefully away from the car. Then, remove the red clamp too.
2. Next, you need to follow the same steps with the car with a charged battery.
3. As all clamps are disconnected, next roll up the jumper cables and put them safe.
In case you find the process a bit technical, you can avail the service of Service My Car to jump start your car.
However, jump start is a remedy to dead battery for once in a while. If you are dealing with dead battery every now and then, your car might need a car battery replacement soon.
If you wish to be sure about your car battery condition, head towards the Service My Car. Our experts do not only assist you in assessing your car’s battery, but you also get a professional opinion for battery replacement.
Motorways are for our comfort because they make commuting fast and exciting. Before getting on the road, you cannot igno...
Most seasoned owners know the importance of having car maintenance done on time. However, a novice should update himself...
Smoke is injurious to health for humans as well as automobiles too. A vehicle with a visible sign of smoke at exhaust us...
Especially when you contrast older models with newer ones, you can probably see how much the quality of the car and its ...
Tyre replacements are indeed costly car maintenance. However, you cannot avoid it completely. Have you ever noticed that...
There are people who find their old wagons really close to their hearts. It means they still want to run those four whee...
Since your vehicle serves you, there is a certain cost you have to pay in terms of fuel as well as car maintenance. This...
Car owners often talk about keeping their vehicles intact. But there is one aspect that always remains hidden under the ...
Being punctual with a car maintenance schedule, is great, but does it enough of having these visits to a workshop. Absol...
Sign up to get exclusive offers, car service schedules, booking information, and more.
Your Account is updated with the new number successfully, You can now login with the new number.
Fill in the details below to request a call back at your desired time.